During November the Greenstaff have been busy working through the winter programme as well as presenting and carrying out general maintenance on the course.
The following work has been carried out on the course:
- Acelepryn insecticide for leatherjacket control has been applied to greens, tees and surrounds.
- We have managed to Verti-drain the 11th green to a depth of 8-9”. Going forward this will vastly improve the soil structure and health of this green. The remaining greens will be Verti-drained during December when the weather allows.
- All greens have been sprayed with liquid iron, copper and calcium phosphite. This helps harden the plant, promote colour and help reduce the onset of moss.
- The greens have been cut 1-2 per week and occasionally rolled after any aeration practices that have been carried out.
- The tees have been sprayed with iron, and magnesium.
- The drain which runs under the path at the 10th walk off was blocked. The pipe had to be cut open to enable the debris to be removed. The pipe has been repaired, re-covered and is now running well.
- Sand has been added to the left-hand greenside bunker at the 4th green.
- All fairways have had a final divot prior to the use of fairway mats and white posts coming into play.
- The irrigation system has now been drained and shut down for the winter.
- Several surrounds have now been roped off for the winter to protect these areas going into the spring and start of the season.
- Our new build within the shed for the staff’s drying and changing room is near completion. The new dryer will arrive in January.
Winter Programme Update:
- 10 bunkers have been re-built and ready for re-turfing. Bases and sand will go in nearer to the start of the season.
- The area to the right- hand side of the 17th has had the turf removed which was used to build the bunkers and we have started dumping soil in this area in preparation for shaping the mounds.
- All coring and solid tining of greens, tees and surrounds has been completed.
- We are currently slit-tining the fairways and hope to have this completed in the next week.
- The 14th bunker has now been dug out and started to be built.
- We have also started work on the new path at the 14th tee.
Can I please remind all golfers to repair their pitch-marks correctly on the greens as the ground is becoming softer due to the increased rainfall.
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all the members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when it arrives from all the Greenstaff.