There are a large number of benefits of being a member of a golf club and while you do pay more money you certainly get significantly more benefits for that money.
1. Unlimited Access to your Home Course With a climate like ours you want to be able to play when the weather is good. Being a member gives you the opportunity to play when you like and generally as often as you like.
2. Choose How Much You Play On a warm summer’s evening you may have had a hard day at the office and feel that you would like some fresh air but do not have the time to play 18 holes. You could choose to play only 3, 5 or 10 holes and still be relatively close to the clubhouse. You generally wouldn't have this option with pay as you play golf where you may have to pay for 18 holes regardless of how many you want to play.
3. Gain an official WHS handicap You can attain an official WHS handicap, giving you the opportunity to play competitions at your home course and other courses.
4. Play Competitive Golf As a member of The West Kilbride Golf Club you can play regular official club competitions. The Club offers a wide variety of competitions, both at weekends and midweek.
5. Get your handicap down Playing competitions regularly at your home or in other Open competitions gives you the chance to get your handicap down to your targeted level. This is what most golfers strive for throughout their playing days.
6. Play in Matches against other clubs As a member of The West Kilbride Golf Club, you will have the opportunity of representing the Club in matches against other Clubs, in the local area or further afield, whether you are a senior or a junior, man or woman. It is not just low handicap players that play for the Club. Some matches are played using handicaps and therefore everyone has the chance of participating.
7. A Great Clubhouse Environment The clubhouse can be a great place for eating, drinking and socialising with your friends, with competitive prices for members in very pleasant surroundings. The West Kilbride Golf Club lounge and dining room have had a makeover in 2016 and is even more attractive.
8. A Sense of Belonging Having a membership of The West Kilbride Golf Club is a great way to be part of the local community and network with other people from the area; golf clubs often form a vital part of the local town or area.
9. Meet New People This is a chance to meet like-minded people and form life-long friendships with like-minded members.
10. Use of the Practice Facilities & Club Professional There is the opportunity, with free use of the Club’s practice facilities at any time, to improve your game. The resident PGA professional (Iain Darroch) has a well stocked shop where you can try out the latest models of clubs and take lessons, if you wish.
11. Invite Your Friends The West Kilbride Golf Club offers preferential 'Members' Guest Rate' green fees giving you the chance to invite your friends to play your course. By making this reciprocal among your golfing friends, you can play many great courses at a fraction of the normal price.
12. Coaching for Juniors Our Professional helps give children a structured coaching and playing pathway. As well as teaching the fundamentals of the game the juniors are also taught the etiquette of the game getting them off to a great start with their golfing life.
13. Preferential Green Fees at Other Clubs Scottish Golf provide members of affiliated clubs with preferential green fees at some of the best courses in Scotland through the Scottish Golf Special Offers scheme, including Royal Troon, Muirfield and Gleneagles.
14. Play National Championships Scottish Golf run a number of national championships, only for members of affiliated clubs, from elite level to handicap based events and these are available to members subject to handicap qualifications.
Do Not Edit or Delete. This will automatically pull in your Category Page links from the navigation.