A number of conclusions can be drawn from the overall survey and results will be reviewed further at August’s Committee Meeting. In the mean-time, the Managing Secretary makes the following observations:
• The condition of the course is very important to members and feedback suggests general satisfaction. However, with the exception of bunkers, practice facilities and the putting green, the perception of the course condition is that it is somewhat lacking when compared to the national average.
• The provision of competitions is important to members and results indicate that there are a sufficient number at West Kilbride.
• Ladies far prefer to play in 3 balls whilst the men marginally prefer to play in 4 balls.
• Social events aren’t as important as other areas of membership but there is general satisfaction with what is provided.
• A clean, functional clubhouse is important and feedback is positive.
• General satisfaction with the bar and catering.
• Very satisfied with the Pro-shop and their staff.
• Members interact with the website but email is still the preferred method of receiving information about the Club.
• The perceived quality and friendliness from all departments is good but greenstaff and admin staff fall below the national average.
• The Committee could be seen to act more transparently.
• Overall satisfaction with the Club is good and it provides VFM.
• There is no significant desire to relax the dress code.
• Gents are in favour of playing all Wednesday Medals off the White Tees.
There was a 34% overall response rate to the satisfaction survey. Thank you to everyone who responded. The winner of a lunch in the clubhouse for 4 was Marc Wilson. Congratulations Marc, please contact the kitchen to arrange.